Monday 27 January 2014

Mini Haul~


I love sales. They are amazing. So when I noticed that at Boots there were loads of reductions on makeup products I jumped at the chance to grab some for myself. Unfortunately, these sales started before my shift on the Saturday so by the time I got to them, there wasn't an awful lot left. But some of the things there were in perfect condition, yet you might ask me, why were they in the sale? It's very unusual for products at £8 be reduced to £3 when they are fine.

From what I could tell, many makeup brands are changing the packaging on their products and, therefore, need to sell off the older styles to bring in the newly styled ones. There were so many brands in the pile ranging from, L'Oréal, Maybelline, 17 and Rimmel London, all of them perfectly good, but reduced massively.


(Please note, however, I am not trying to promote Boots in anyway. I am sure that many other high street stores do the same, but because I work at Boots, this is where I have seen the reductions as of late. And I love sales... did I mention I love sales?)


Maybelline Mascara 

I don't want to talk about this one too much, as I have spoken about Maybelline's mascaras in a previous Glossybox review and an earlier Haul. However, what made me grab one (well, two, actually - as I also gave my sister one), was that originally these sell for around the £8 margin. These, however, were being sold for £3 and still came under the 3 for 2 offer.

Ohh~ Mega Volume

With this logic, you could have three of these mascaras for £6, which is still cheaper than the original price of one mascara. Super! I got two of these (and another Maybelline product which will pop up later).


Rimmel London Eyeshadow


I've had my eye on this eyeshadow for the longest time. I don't think my camera does the colours justice because they are so pretty and really pop. The top image probably comes closer to the actual pigmentation.



I'm under the impression that this time around the product is more about the packaging. I love the look of the Union Jack and it absolutely ties in with Rimmel London but at the same time, it's kind of inconvenient for application because three of the four colours are so tiny.

Swabs of the colours!

The first colour is a beautiful bright pink (no, it doesn't look bright here, yes, my lighting was horrid). It's probably not your everyday 'natural' pink, but I bet you anything it'll look lovely on a night out. The second colour is the highlighter of the set and is a shimmery cream with gold undertones. The third colour swabbed on my wrist is a dark blackish navy for contouring and the fourth is a navy blue which for me would be my 'main' eye colour. 


Someone at work told me that I couldn't rock blue because of my blue eyes. Well. Excuse you. 




Rimmel London Lipstick


The next and final item (of my reduced goodies) was this lovely Rimmel London Lipstick in 320 Funtime Fuchsia. The colour is so pigmented (a really dark and vibrant pink) and it applies beautifully. I've never had a Rimmel London Lipstick until now, but I can say that it will not be the last! 


I have yet to be daring and get myself a really, really bright red or orange lipstick, but watch this space, I think that'll be my next purchase… 


Maybelline 'Baby Skin' Primer

So that very last item I purchased on the list is a new product to the market which is Maybelline's 'Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser'. I'm going to admit, I have my doubts about this one. If I recall, it made a bold enough claim that foundation wouldn't even be needed once this was applied, and maybe that would be true if you (and by you, I mean me) hadn't broken out in spots. 




I'm under the impression that this is really just some clever marketing as it's not everyday that a product calls itself a 'pore eraser' which only evokes the imagery of a rubber literally erasing the pores on your face. To me, I'm expecting this to be just another primer, but I will judge only when I have tried and tested the product. Perhaps I will review it later, when I know for sure.

I must say, however, that I enjoy the slight warning at the base of the label stating 'only for adults!' Really? Are there honestly people that would think 'ahh! Baby skin! This will go lovely on my child's face. Who knew Maybelline did products for babies?' 


Baby Skin… but only for adults! 

It's also interesting that this is the second 'baby' named product to come from Maybelline, however. I'm wondering how many more products will come under the umbrella of the baby brand. I also have one of the lip balms (cherry flavour), which is really quite nice, though could probably do a better job of moisturising my lips, in all honesty. 


So that's everything I got in my mini haul this time around. Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them? :) 

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment