Monday 11 August 2014

Lipstick Love | My Top 5 Everyday Lipsticks


I've often spoken of my love for lip products, but I don't believe I've ever actually sat down and made a post about my favourites. Truthfully speaking, my favourites change frequently, but these are the lipsticks I've been sticking to for a while now.

Interestingly, it seems that all of my favourite lipsticks are very, very similar. Oops! I think it's because these go very well with my love of Rose-gold eyeshadow and bold eyeliner looks.

If, like me, you too love a subtle but beautiful lip colour, look no further because I've got you covered.




L'Oreal Color Riche - 235 Nude £8.19

L'Oreal's 'Nude' was worn by me for the longest time. I go through fazes with my lipsticks and this one had me hooked. It's the perfect blend of orange, pink and brown. It's actually designed to flatter blonde hair and I can vouch that it really does complement my hair and skin tone. I've yet to hear from other blondes whether they liked it too, but personally, I found this is a perfect everyday 'grab and go' lipstick. It's not as long lasting as I would like, but with it being such an unobtrusive colour, I don't really mind reapplying it every now and then.


LAQA Lip Lube - Bees Knees (Coral) $18

This is the newest addition to my favourites and possibly the one I have been wearing the most as of late (joint with Bellapierre). From first appearances, this looks like it's going to be a really in your face kind of bright orange. In fact, it's quite sheer and very wearable for everyday use, if you're not into shocking colours but want something interesting, this is definitely for you.

I also have a purple LAQA and it is equally as awesome, I just like this one more. I believe they are around £14 and you can get them either from the LAQA website or from Birchbox (which is where I'll likely be getting more).


Bellapierre - Cat Walk £20

I've raved on and on about this, so it probably comes as no surprise that this is on the list. At some point I'm going to have to buy some more of these because the colour is amazing and the consistency of the lipstick itself is gorgeous. It's soft and moisturising without losing the longevity like most moisturising lipsticks I've tried. You can check them out here. Yes, they're a little bit more expensive, but I can 100% vouch that I love mine, so it's well worth the investment.


Maybelline Color Sensational - 148 Summer Pink £7.19

I'd say this is the brightest colour of the list. It's a lot more noticeable than the other lipsticks here, but I love it no less. It's a very shimmery pink that is perfect as one of those 'pick-me-up' colours without being too extreme or in your face.

My only dislike to Maybelline's lipsticks are they all smell like Play-doh and while it wears off eventually, it's not particularly a scent I enjoy.


L'Oreal Color Riche - 233 Taffeta £8.19

Unlike it's very similar counter-part 'Nude', 'Taffeta' has a more purple hue to it. As a result, I find the colour to be much more noticeable. Again, this shade is designed to complement Blonde hair specifically, though I imagine, like 'Nude', this could be worn by anyone. It's odd that I find the 'Naturals' in the L'Oreal collection to be both subtle and so noticeable at the same time. They complement both dramatic looks and subtle ones. Hence, they are on my favourites list and I think they'll be hard to push off.

We'll see, give me a few months and I'm sure I'll be going through an entirely different faze altogether.


So, what are your favourite 'everyday' lipsticks/products?
Comment below!
 (It gives me an excuse to shop. Shh!)


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment