Sunday 10 August 2014

Round 2 | Battle Of The Primers


Last week I compared Maybelline's 'Dream Smooth Primer' against their 'Baby Skin Primer'. You can read all about my pros and cons of both products here. This week I'm going to compare the winner, Dream Smooth, with a new contender. 

And in the right corner weighing at… (I'm kidding). But in all seriousness, this week I'll be comparing it with:

Benefit - The Porefessional (£24.99)




I stated in last weeks post I'd be battling it up against a very well-known and well-loved primer. I was given a sample size of Benefit's Porefessional in my Birchbox last month and this seemed the perfect opportunity to test it and see what all the hype is about. So… 

Claims:
A 'PRO balm to minimise the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin'.

Pros:
- Much thinner consistency than the Maybelline primers.
- Stays put.
- Well loved and well known.
- Interesting and quirky packaging.
- Tinted, but doesn't cause an unusual cast.
- It works!

Cons: 
- (Don't hate me) I feel this is overhyped.
- It's so expensive. Seriously, if you're looking for a cheap alternative, this isn't it!
- Still somewhat gelatinous, but certainly not as bad as Maybelline's


Rating: 7/10


Overall, I liked this a lot more than the Maybelline primers, that much is true. It absorbs quickly to the skin and the consistency is not nearly as gelatinous. I really dislike the silicone feel that these primers have and they make the skin very greasy feeling. This still gave me that feeling to a degree, so I think you have to be very sparing when applying this.

No, I wasn't overwhelmed by how amazing this product was (I honestly expected to be) but it wasn't bad either. So it gets a 7, which I think is fair. No, I won't be buying it. To me, this is way to expensive to spend on a base that doesn't do a great deal more than its High Street equivalents.


Next Sunday I'll be comparing Benefit against a High Street Brand I adore. So stay tuned and let the battles commence! *ding, ding, ding*

Do you agree with my opinion in this one? Comment below!
(And don't forget to comment what I should try next!) 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment