Saturday 6 September 2014

Review | Bellapierre Lipstick


When my July Glossybox dropped through the post, I knew I'd be getting a Bellapierre lipstick of some description. I prayed like mad it would be a colour that I could actually wear on a day to day basis. It seems that so often, boxes like these like to give you the 'experimental' lip colours - which can be nice - but sometimes you just want a pretty everyday colour, you know?

Needless to say, I was really happy when the shade Catwalk came in my box. It's a really pretty pink with a hint of coral, making the more nude-like nature to the colour interesting and definitely warms up the complexion.



Texture & Longevity

This lipstick is so creamy, yet somehow it defies the laws of moisturising lipsticks and actually lasts a long time? What!? I know, I was shocked too. Of course, to achieve some longevity, you've got to go through the whole 'blot and reapply' process. Afterwards, you're pretty much good to go.

It's also really forgiving. Sometimes you just don't have time to make sure your lips are super soft, and while it certainly improves the look, you really don't need this step. As I said before, the lipstick is very moisturising anyway (possibly due to the mineral aspect), so you've already got that step covered.

Colour

This is definitely a colour I adore, it's so wearable for everyday yet adds a little interest to the makeup. Personally, I tend to wear this with a neutral eye, or small amount of eyeliner and let the colour do the work. Beautiful and effortlessly chic. As I said before, the shade is quite pink, but has a hint of coral (warming and brightening everything in its path). While I wouldn't exactly call this a 'nude' lip colour, it is certainly Bellapierre's least dramatic colour.

Price

Okay, I'll be the first to admit the £20 price tag is pretty high. But I would not recommend such an expensive product if I didn't 100% put my faith into it. I like to think of this as one of those lipsticks I'd likely buy as a treat to myself. I do wish there was a wider range of colours, and perhaps they're working on it, but I'm sure my bank is happy there isn't much variety!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment