Tuesday 16 September 2014

Review | Glossybox September 2014


This months Glossybox is very London/Karen Millen themed with its gorgeous painterly London skyline design. Many of the products inside are London related, or more specifically, London Fashion Week inspired. The box, I've noticed, has changed to be much sturdier lately, with less of a gloss finish (which feels a lot more luxurious to me, actually). 

I'll be trying to do less of a disappearing act on you all, but I've been doing mad dashes around various shops lately trying to gather everything for University (eek - I leave in 4 days time!!) Therefore, I will try to be a little more on top of posting…  


L'Oreal Professional - Mythic Oil
(Full Size - £15.95)

45ml Sample Size 

I'm thinking… runway ready hair?

Upon opening this, I thought it was going to be more of a spray in oil (much more convenient), but alas, it's a oil to rub between your hands and distribute through wet hair. I'm terrible for hair prep so as much as I hope to use this, I know I'll very likely forget all about it  - oops!

I have recently been big on hair products lately though, so I'm actually pretty happy with this one. Interestingly, I've also really been wanting to try hair oils and both my boxes have provided. (Ohhh! Spoiler Alert!) I've always raved about my love of L'Oreal makeup, however, I've never actually been keen on their hair products. Their shampoos and conditioners in particular just don't agree with my hair, but I'll definitely be giving this a try. The packaging looks really luxurious and while I don't know what it means by 'Mythic', I'll be interested to find out…


Nails inc - Westminster Bridge Matte Top Coat
(Full Size - £12 for 10ml)

Full Sized Product

Oh goodie… another nail varnish. 

I really shouldn't complain, this nail varnish is worth more than I paid for the box. Only, I really wish Glossybox took into consideration that I really don't like getting these. It's a little saddening having to give it away to someone that can use it (all because my nails can't handle the harsh chemicals).

It really looks like an awesome nail varnish, so it's wonderful for everyone else who received it this month. The idea is that it'll mattify whatever you paint it over. Matte nails have been a huge thing for ages now, so it's nice Glossybox are sticking to the trends.

Side note: Love the name of the product


ModelCo - More Brows Fibre Gel
(Full Size - £14.95 for 3.5ml)

Full Sized Product

Ahh, Model, I get it. By this point, I think Glossybox were kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel when it came to LFW ideas. So strange though that I've been really wanting to try a brow gel lately and *poof* it's in my box. I think Glossybox are reading my mind a little too much. It's almost scary. Almost. 

I honestly thought upon opening the box up that this was a sample size. It's really small (3.5ml really isn't big) but wowzer does it have a big price tag. Glossybox certainly made up for 'not getting my monies worth' from August box - boy was that a disappointment. The brow gel is definitely darker than my natural hair colour, but it doesn't look strange, thankfully.


Kiss - Haute Couture Lashes
(Full Size - £4.99)

Full Sized Product

I've been 'umming' and 'ahhing' over what the link was for these, and I'm thinking it was the 'Haute Couture' title. A tenuous link, but a link none-the-less. The last time Glossybox gave me false eyelashes, I actually gave them to my sister, they just don't suit me. While I'm unsure whether these will also be that little bit too dramatic, I'll definitely be giving them a try.


SkinPep - Enzyme and Acid Peel & Peeling Gel (£89.99 for 180ml)
 Eye Cream (£44.99 for 15ml)

2 x 3.5ml & 1 x 2ml Sample Size

Please someone tell me no one is mad enough to pay £90 for their face to feel like it's peeling. Seriously… what!? 

I'm all for some luxury skincare, but this is so expensive. I want to know what Glossybox customer exactly can afford to be splashing out £90 on one product (never mind all the others you need to add to your face). I'll be baffled if I don't see some improvement in my skin after trying this. With that amount of money, I'd want to look youthful for the rest of my life, none of this short-term improvement stuff. I wonder if you ate it, would you decrease in age by 10 years or something? (Kids, do not try this at home). Unsurprisingly, this is manufactured in Korea (for the UK). I say 'unsurprisingly' because Korea are very big on their luxury skincare,.

I'll definitely be updating on how well this product turns out. If it's a hit (no I will not buy it - you'd have to be mad), I will give you the lowdown. Have any of you tried this product before? I'd be interested to know the results of everyone else! 




That wraps up everything I received in my Glossybox this month! I'll be honest and say I wasn't thrilled with everything *coughs*nailvarnish*coughs* but I'd say I'm looking forward to using 3/5 (which isn't too bad).

Let me know in the comments below what you thought of this box!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment